Waterville Links

More photos of this course

Waterville - Hole 18
Waterville - Hole 16
Course information

The earliest structured golf at Waterville has been traced back to 1889, when it came under the umbrella of the extremely active Waterville Athletic Club. It was a formalised part of the life of the village by 1900, when becoming one of the first clubs to be affiliated with the Golfing Union of Ireland.

A modest nine-hole layout, occupied the flat eastern section of the present championship links. It was operated by the Athletic Club, for, and on behalf of, the Commercial Cable Company. Over the next fifty years the club membership fluctuated with the demand for cable communication, however, in the 1950s, more advanced technology replaced this demand and the Links entered a period of dormancy throughout the 1960's, waiting the arrival of the Irish born American, John A. Mulcahy.

Designer: 
John Mulcahy, Claude Harmon & Eddie Hackett / Tom Fazio
Year Founded: 
1889
Par: 
72
Yards: 
7378
Green Fees: 
170 EUR
Day Rate Green Fees: 
255 EUR
Address
Address: 
Waterville
Co Kerry
Ireland
Phone: 
353 (0) 66 9474102