The current course was designed in 1938, by the famous golf course architects Harry Colt and C.H. Alison. Although Alison was responsible for most of the design, as evidenced by the slightly larger bunkers and more extreme nature, the course is still counted as one of the finest Colt designed courses in Europe.
The design of the golf course makes use of the naturally undulating dune landscape. Each hole offers a completely different view and a new and surprising challenge. Teeing off on the 18th gives the golfer a wonderful view of the clubhouse and terrace.