Balnagask Golf Club

Balnagask Golf Club

More photos of this course

No other pictures found.

Course information

Balnagask measures 6118 Yards Par 70 and has been substantially re-modelled over the years since it was first established in 1905 as a 12 hole course.  Given its strategic location, the course it was commandeered for military use during and after both World Wars.  Indeed, the course was closed completely for 15 years before re-opening in 1955, under the Council's control for the first time. Over the years it has varied between 11, 12 and 18 holes, with James Braid and Hawtree and Son making substantial design changes at different times.  

The current layout dates back to a major re-alignment (designed by Hawtree and Son, now better known as architects of the Trump International Golf Links and many other famous courses) in 1976.  This work involved larger greens and extensive layout changes that avoided some of the steeper parts of the headland, making the course an easier walk (and providing land for what is now an excellent 9 hole pitch and putt course, closer to the estuary and the Aberdeen Harbour entrance)

Designer: 
James Braid / Hawtree & Son
Year Founded: 
1955
Par: 
70
Yards: 
6118
Green Fees: 
£20.7
Day Rate Green Fees: 
£24.55
Address
Address: 
Aberdeenshire
AB11 8TN
United Kingdom
Country: 
Scotland
Phone: 
44 (0) 1224 876407
Twitter: